The Day Habilitation Program (“Day Hab”) assists participants in achieving their highest potential. Our Day Hab program features educational, vocational, and recreational training with a focus on independence, empowerment, and community integration. Located at our Oakland Gardens Campus, Day Hab programs are conducted in small groups from Monday through Friday. Individuals aged 17 or older with a documented developmental disability are welcome to apply.
Our Day Hab activities focus on teaching independent living skills and are based on each participant’s individual abilities and goals. Participants spend half their time in our facility and half their time in the community.
- Travel Training
- Laundry and Cleaning Skills
- Shopping (Food, Clothing, Etc.)
- Community Exploration and Volunteer Experience
- Time and Money Management
- Peer Support Groups
- Food Preparation and Cooking
- Functional Academic Instruction